03 October 2010

A worthy pondering...

Today the pastor closed the service by having the congregation read in unison this quote:

"You were created to be enchanted, enamored and engrossed with God. Enthralled, enraptured and entranced with God; excited, enticed and ecstatic with God. Astonished, amazed and awed with God. Astounded, absorbed and agog with God. Beguiled and bedazzled, startled and staggered, smitten and stunned, stupefied and spellbound, charmed and consumed, thrilled and thunderstruck, obsessed and preoccupied, intrigued and impassioned, overwhelmed and overwrought, gripped and wrapped, enthused and electrified, tantalized, mesmerized and monopolized, fascinated, intoxicated, captivated, infatuated and exhilarated with God." 

Do I live as though I am enchanted, enamored and engrossed with God? If I did, what would that look like?

Am I enthralled, enraptured and entranced with God? If not, why?

Am I excited, enticed and ecstatic with God? Notice it doesn't add anything after God... like His work in my life, His answers to prayers in my life... Those more tangible things are easy to get excited, enticed and/or ecstatic about, but isn't God enough?...

Am I astonished, amazed and awed with God?

Astounded, absorbed and agog with God? If you're like me, you thought... agog... agog.... agog... do I know the definition of agog? Here it is if you don't: In eager desire.

Beguiled and bedazzled, startled and staggered, smitten and stunned, stupefied and spellbound, charmed and consumed, thrilled and thunderstruck, obsessed and preoccupied, intrigued and impassioned, overwhelmed and overwrought, gripped and wrapped, enthused and electrified, tantalized, mesmerized and monopolized, fascinated, intoxicated, captivated, infatuated and exhilarated with God?

This material definitely gives me LOADS to ponder on these next few days...

This quote came at the conclusion of a sermon on Romans 11: 33-36. The podcast will be posted at arcadechurchonline.com in the days to come if you want to get the whole message, but I hope to continue some of my reflections on this matter here.

No comments: