09 November 2011

Banner Day

Today as I drove the kids home from school, I asked the same question I do everyday. What was your favorite part of the day? Both kids mentioned the theater performance a small local theater (B Street Theater) performed at our school. However with a lot of enthusiasm, my eight year old, said, "Actually, there are two. Two favorite things today."

Me: "Oh, what are they?"

8 yo: "B Street Theater and learning to use the black swinging monkey bars! It was a great day!! Those are my two favorite things!"

Then she and our carpool buddy began to discuss how each of them learned how to use the swinging monkey bars/handles. As I listened to their details and the energy and excitement behind their new found skill... it made me wonder... when and why do banner days for us move from these simple and delightful things to.... well things that aren't so.

What makes a banner day for you?!?

No comments: