23 June 2010

What comes first... the chicken or the egg?!?

One thing I'm starting to explore is whether or not food allergies are causing some of the health issues I'm experiencing right now, which range from digestive, intestinal issues to high spikes in my blood sugars. I have to say that some of my initial "findings" are revealing that I/we (my docs) may have been putting the chicken before the egg. I'm starting to think my body has been in "stress" mode for quite some time from these food allergies/sensitivities and as I deal with those by either eliminating them entirely (and/or for a short period of time) that I'm seeing less high sugar spikes and less running to the bathroom when it's time to go! Sorry if TMI... So far I've only mostly eliminated dairy from my diet. I really am astounded by what I'm finding....

I wrote the excerpt above about three months ago, and now after following a strict rotation diet prescribed just for me to eliminate my food sensitivities (there were nearly 70!) that I am certain my doctors where putting the chicken before the egg. Without a doubt I am now certain my health issues were mostly due to food sensitivities (aka immune responses to food, not anaphalactic). I'm not having troubles with the issues mentioned above, and additionally, I am not nearly as fatigued as have been the last few months. I find myself sleeping more soundly. My skin is less reactive to that time of the month. My hair seems healthier, thicker and not as dry. Best of all, I'm finally losing more weight! I will be interested to see what my next A1C comes back as next month when I see my endo!

No comments: