26 November 2008

Visits by a Tiger

This morning about 5:30 am my two and a half year old wanders whimpering into my bedroom. I ask, "What's wrong?" As often as been the case the last few weeks, she reports, "A tiger in my room." She's scared and sad. I pull her into bed with me as I'm desperate for a little more sleep. She snuggles up, and I immediately drift back off to sleep. Moments later, I'm startled awake by my 32 lb child who's now climbing on my head, and hysterically crying (or so it seems at that hour of the day!), "The tiger, the tiger." Dazed and confused, I managed to get her off my face, then take a deep breathe and reassured her again... "Honey, there's no tiger." I hear a loud snore from my husband as she simultaneously starts yelling about the tiger again!! I chuckle to myself as I continue to comfort my daughter, and try to explain to her what snore is!! :-)

No comments: