24 April 2008

My oh my...

Today as I attempted to talk to my sister, my two year old brought me a fruit twist she wanted me to open. I opened it, and proceeded to divide it into thirds. I gave her a third, then walked away to hand the other pieces to my other daughter and her friend. My oh my... you'd think I had mortally harmed my two year old from the melt down that followed. She had obviously wanted it all for herself, and she's not one to be readily swayed to take things differently than what she wants. As I've seen and witnessed many times before, she threw herself down on the floor, and just wailed with her arms stretched out over her head. My oh my, is life going to be a hard journey for her. I tried as best as I could to just walk away from her, but she kept getting up and walking with me. At the time, I was attempting to talk to my sister. I couldn't hear anything but Saige's wailing. She eventually won the battle as I had to get off the phone with my sister to calm her down. Moments later my friend walked up to pick up her daughter. I asked her if she had heard Saige. She said, "Yeah, it sounded like someone was killin' her!" That's my girl!

No comments: