26 November 2008

Bestest Friends

Tonight at dinner, we started our Thanksgiving celebration by sharing one thing we are thankful for this year. My five year old started us out with a big smile and by pointing excitedly at her little sister. I knew what she was getting at (obviously), but I still asked, as we're always encouraging our girls to use their words, so what do you mean? She quickly replied that she was thankful for sis-sis! Then she leaned over to give her sister a hug and a kiss. Then she whispered something in her ear. Then she sat across from me with a HUGE SMILE on her face, and asked if I knew what she whispered to her. I told her I didn't, and asked what she whispered. She said, "I told her she's my bestest friend." My heart melted right there and then! A great way to start our Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments: