15 July 2006

Life with a little one...

Wow... here I sit on my living room couch with my seven week old daughter asleep next to me. Where has the time gone? She was due to arrive on July 4th, but surprised us all by picking her birthday to be over Memorial Day weekend instead. She's growing and changing every day. She's much more attentive and aware of her surrounding. She'll quiet her cry if she hears me, her dad or sister talking. She occasionally will rest her face on her fist or with fingers resting on her chin to make her look like she's contemplating the world before her.

She's still very much in "eat, poop, sleep" stage of life... but just yesterday at our friend's house she rolled up onto her side from her back (something she's done since day one), but came dangerously close to rolling off the couch. I wondered out loud to my friend as to when will she be able to roll over to her belly. We both kind of chuckled because with our now three year old daughters we knew by heart every single one of those milestones, and when they should reach it, but this time around... I just kind of shrug and say, "she'll get there."

No comments: